Monday 12 March 2012

Hand embroidery

I started this little embroidery on Saturday while I was waiting for my son and his friends at the swimmimg pool. The design was initially inspired by a free pattern download from http://bustleandsew.com/category/patterns/. I roughly drew the design out on my fabric freehand using a transfer pencil and then just made it up as I went along. I'm planning to incorporate it into a patchwork cushion. 


As you can see I went a bit crazy with the swirls!
To see my finished patchwork cushion go to 

2 comments:

  1. Wow your embroidery is amazing!!!
    I love it's so detail, colourful and gorgeous, it's fantastic!
    I hope to see more embroidery soon!
    - Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet Jacqui! Your embroidery is gorgeous!!! I love Helen's patterns too. You did a beautiful job drawing out your own! It will be beautiful on your cushion! You are so inspiring! xo~ Paula

    ReplyDelete