Sunday 29 April 2012

My Salvia Plants have Arrived!

I was very excited to receive a little parcel on Friday containing two Salvia plant collections (one for myself and one for my brother) which I ordered back in early March.

I managed to get out in the garden to pot them up as we had an unexpected but welcome break in the rain in the afternoon for a few hours.
Click to enlarge image 
If I can manage to keep them alive this is how they will look, if not I'll be calling on my brother for cuttings in the summer!

I also managed to pot up my 'Super Marmande' tomato seedlings. My sweetcorn has started to germinate (these are currently on the floor in my backroom by the patio doors as last year the cold and wet caused them to rot) and...
my cabbage, beetroot and fennel are also showing signs of life.  I am so behind at the allotment though as the rain has stopped me from digging and planting the rest of my potatoes and onions. I'm sure they will soon catch up though once the weather warms up.

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks like it will be growing so beautifully!! Can't wait to see them! Have a great day!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui: Once the rain stops and the weather warms up, I think all the garden with come alive. You will have a good crop..Happy Sunday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet Jacqui, I love seeing your gardening updates! The salivas will be gorgeous! It was so sweet for you to order one for your brother too! I have lots of salvias in my garden and they do very well in our hot and humid summers. The hummingbirds love them too! I know yours will do well and grow beautifully! Your seedlings looks so healthy and happy! I do hope you will be able to work in your allotment soon and the weather will warm up. I am glad to see you had a little sunshine to pot the salvias! Have a beautiful week dearest! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete