Monday 9 April 2012

Norfolk

We've just returned from an Easter holiday in Norfolk.
We rented a traditional flint cottage which has a beautiful woodland garden that seems to go on forever.
 The local church viewed from the garden. The kids weren't too impressed though when the bell ringers started playing at 8.30am on Sunday morning. I was in the garden relaxing and drinking tea and nearly jumped out of my seat! It was a lovely sound to hear once I got over the shock.
  We walked to the beach for picnics in the sand dunes and played cricket and kicked a ball around.
 The beaches were almost deserted. 
Starfish, razor shells and bird footprints in the sand.
Boats at Thornham.

Harbour at Burnham Staithes.

 The blossom looked absolutely beautiful against the bright blue sky when the sun shone.
 We browsed the pretty shops at Burnham Market. I love the colourful signage and the wooden table displaying shells, pink garlic and lemons for sale.

 We walked through pretty villages filled with Spring flowers. 
The white Magnolia flowers contrast beautifully against the red leaves of the hedge.

A pretty spring flower display.
 A pretty birdbath surrounded by tulips in Kings Lynn which reminds me of a vintage embroidery pattern. We found this little garden tucked away behind the Arts Centre. We had come to see an art exhibition but unfortunately it was closed for Easter.
 Pretty yellow viola's displayed in a distressed wooden wine crate.
Bright coloured tulips.
 Early morning sun and daffodils in our rented cottage garden. I was lucky enough to see deer in the garden twice very early in the morning when I popped out to have a cup of tea. There were lots of rabbits and so many birds. Sometimes the moorhens were so noisy I used to jump and almost spill my tea!

Pretty Primulas in the front garden.

Back to reality now trying to dry all the washing indoors as we've had rain since returning home. Well at least the garden and allotment will get a good water!

4 comments:

  1. oh' such a beautiful posting- thanks for sharing your easter break- such a lovely place with woodlands and pretty views- stunning photos x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jacqui, I loved seeing all of your gorgeous photos! What a wonderful place to go on holiday! The cottage, garden and church are beautiful! I can imagine how loud the bells were! Bless your heart! It would have startled me too! The beach, boats and shops are all so lovely! I loved seeing the village and all of the flowers in bloom! I am so happy you and your dear ones enjoyed a lovely Easter holiday in Norfolk! Thank you for sharing! Love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Jacqui! I have just discovered your lovely blog, and am now following...♥♥
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, you've won a copy of Heart-Felt Holidays in my giveaway! http://bugsandfishes.blogspot.com/2012/04/giveaway-winners-heart-felt-holidays.html
    Please get in touch via my blog (if you leave a comment with your email address I won't publish it) or by emailing me at mail (at) lupinhandmade (dot) com

    ReplyDelete