Saturday 26 May 2012

Boot Sale Finds

I walked along to an indoor boot sale early last Sunday morning held in a local school. Although it was small and didn't look too promising to begin with I did manage to find a few nice bits and pieces.
 A pretty pink rose design needlework picture,
 two sets of small wooden hangers,
 a pretty floral 'Alfred Meakin' serving dish,
 a 'Grindley' serving plate 'Cream Petal' design,


 and a vintage talcum powder tin. I just love the design on the front of this tin.
 I also found two floral cotton dresses (for the fabric) and
 two pretty cotton lace panels.

As this boot sale is really local I shall probably pop along again next time it's on. I was back in the garden having breakfast by 9.30 after a nice walk and a chat with some friendly people.

5 comments:

  1. Hello sweet Jacqui, It is always lovely to find a post from you! I am sure you are glad you went to the boot sale! You found some really beautiful things! The rose needlework is gorgeous! The wooden hangers are wonderful and your dishes are so pretty! I love the design on the talc tin too. I also love the dresses you purchased for the fabric, especially the pink print! They are cheerful and pretty! I look forward to seeing what you make with them. The lace panels are just lovely! I am so happy for you dearest! I hope you will find just as many pretty things at the next one. My, you were up and about early! So glad you had a nice walk and a chat with friendly people. That is always nice! I hope you enjoyed your breakfast in the garden and your weekend will be a happy one! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqui! What beautiful treasures you got at the boot sale!! Love the rose needlepoint, and the pretty lace panels!! Hope you have a lovely weekend!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqui, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award..an award given to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers. I hope you accept the award!

    Best to you, chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am busy catching up with blogs this afternoon. I am so glad I stopped by....your Timeless Avon talc you found at the car boot sale...what a blast from the past! I used to buy this ALOT when I was a teenager, along with the perfume and guess what?? I still remember the smell of it too! :o) Also I am curious to know if that is a dress handmade by yourself in your side bar with the Union Jack pinny over it? I brought loads of that dress fabric in Southampton last time I visited my parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon. The talc smells lovely (I've just had a sniff!) The think the first perfume I had was by Avon. It was given to me by a boyfriend along with lots of other little gifts. I think I was about 11 and I later found out he had pinched it all from his older sister! I had to give some bits back but she let me keep most of it. Funny looking back now. Unfortunately, I didn't make the dress. I photographed this on one of the stands at the Stitch and Craft Show earlier this year. Lovely fabric. Have you made anything with your fabric yet?

      Delete