Wednesday 16 May 2012

Victorian Post Box

This is a lovely post box that I pass in the morning if I give my son a lift to school. 
As the sun was shining this morning I took the chance to stop on the way back and take a few photos.
 It is a Grade II listed Victorian  Hexagonal Post Box within a conservation area.
Still in use after all these years!
 I wandered  down the lane just behind the post box and photographed this beautiful Clematis in full bloom.
So beautiful.
 It's already clouding over but at least the sun made an appearance.

6 comments:

  1. I love the look of old post boxes! Your flower photographs are lovely.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jacqui, Thank you for sharing your beautiful walk and photos. I love the Victorian post box! It is so charming! The clematis is beautiful! I am so happy you could enjoy the sunshine whilst it was out! Have a lovely day! Much love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These post boxes are such treasures. I also love the ones which are set into buildings. I think things like this, which we pass each day, are sometimes taken for granted. Lovely to see you give it top billing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I have just found you, I love the post box !
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous post box!! Love that is still in use!! Those Clematis are stunning!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are terrific!! Love the post box! I especially like the color!

    chris

    ReplyDelete