Sunday 17 June 2012

Felt Hearts

These are two pretty felt hearts that my lovely, creative sister made and sent to me in the post last week to cheer me up. The larger one is a pin cushion and the smaller one I have made into a brooch. 

On Wednesday I had to go into hospital to have day surgery to remove a lesion from my left breast. A routine mammogram (my first one) came back abnormal and after further tests I had a biopsy which came back inconclusive but showing suspicious cells. I'm due back at the breast clinic next Friday for my results. I'm feeling rather bruised and uncomfortable at the moment but my main frustration is not being able to garden or dig my allotment. The surgeon was a little surprised when I asked how long I would have to wait until I could start digging again! I'm sure all the gardeners out there will understand how I feel as I have so much to do! 
Anyway, I shall stay positive and try to be patient and let you know how things unfold.

10 comments:

  1. Just to say, thinking of you, and good luck with your results.

    The forecast is for better weather and so you will just have to get out onto the garden !!!!!!

    Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all goes well for you.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you my friend, stay positive, and your garden will wait for you
    Thea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jacqui, thanks so much for the sweet visit. Bees, Yellow Jackets, Hornets, Wasps, anything with a stinger puts a fear in me, after last summer. Hopefully this year will be better. I love your felted hearts. They have a very warm and coziest about them, besides being so darn pretty. Have a great day and thanks again for the sweet visit. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be praying for your surgery, and recovery Jacqui! Please keep us posted! Take care my dear! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacqui: I came on your post to thank you for leaving such a nice comment on mine, and I am shocked. But I am so praying for you and know that you will be fine. Try not to be too impatient waiting for the Dr. to call, that seems like the hardest thing to do. They can do such wonders now for breast cancer. My daughter is going on 9 years now and everything is fine. Please let us know how you are doing? Take care, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweet Jacqui, The felt hears are lovely. How kind of your dear sister! I am so sorry to hear your news sweetheart! I feel so bad that you had to have surgery and you are bruised and uncomfortable. I hate to hear that the test results were abnormal. I will be praying that you will hear better news when you go back this Friday. I do wish you could garden, but you really need to rest and take good care. I am sure you will be able to dig again soon! I know it is hard to wait! I am proud of you for trying to stay positive, as it certainly does help. Please keep me posted dear friend and know that you are loved and being prayed for. I hope Friday will arrive before you know it! Love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sister is so very thoughtful, sending your the felt hearts!! I am praying for you and good news!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jacqui I can understand how you feel. I had a serious car accident two weeks ago and had two fractures on my chest ribs. Please do take care. I am sure you will soon be well enough to start digging....something I've missed so much when I was younger. Stay happy and God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that I did not reply to your comment. Thank you so much for your kind words and I do hope you are recovering well from your injuries. I'm not digging yet but beginning to feel much better and slowly returning to normality (whatever that might be).

      Delete