Thursday 26 July 2012

Charity Shop Finds

I picked up this lovely Alfred Meakin Sunflower cake stand in the charity shop last week for £4. It matches the Sunflower side plates I bought from the same shop back in February. I wonder if they came from the same home? It's nice to think that they did.
Another embroidery hoop for 50p. 
 A vintage teddy bear pattern for 10p. I just love the packaging.
The pretty embroidered tablecloth is one I picked up at a bootsale many years ago.
Yet more buttons and some fabric flowers.
A really pretty fabric flower which I hope I can incorporate into a sewing project sometime.
I was very excited to find this lovely lace. 
This particular charity shop has a dedicated sewing section and I've picked up some lovely bits from there recently. 

I couldn't resist this pretty (crochet?) edging which has probably been cut from an embroidered tablecloth. 
Hopefully I'll be able to put it to good use after all the hard work which must have gone into making it.
Hope everyone is having an enjoyable week.

7 comments:

  1. You have found some wonderful finds Jacqui, I love the teddy pattern
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqui!
    What wonderful and beloved treasures you have brought home to live at your house! I have oooed and ahhhed at each delightful item! Oh...The vintage laces...They are all so elegant! It's nice that you have so much appreciation for the precision crochet. I know you will create something beautiful with them.
    Have a sweet day, my friend!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqui, I love that sunflower dish and all the fantastic crocheted lace! I think you hit the jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely finds!! I have to ask what a boot sale is? xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had that Meakin sunflower set of plates for years, my son then took most of it to his first house at uni.... and still has it! Lovely CS finds, well done! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful finds,Jacquie,I especially love the teddy bear pattern,its so cute!Xxxlove JulieXxx

    ReplyDelete